TECH COMPANY CASE STUDY
TECH COMPANY MAKES INTELLIGENT AND CONFIDENT DECISIONS FOR THEIR WORKPLACE
- Tech Company
- Headcount: 6,700employees
- Portfolio size: 2.2 million square feet
This company is committed to enhancing the data infrastructure that keeps the modern world moving forward.
Effective and efficient communication of design intent
With the ability to quickly edit models, generate HD renderings, and immersive 3D walkthroughs, they can now more effectively and more clearly communicate design intent to all stakeholders, resulting in a 90% more efficient pre-design process.
Change order reduction
By gaining the ability to quickly visualize last minute pre-design changes, earlier design decisions and made with confidence, resulting in a 25% reduction in change orders.
Agile and productive workplace
Their new agile ratios and organization of space better reflects how their employees actually work--increasing employee productivity by 10%.
Portfolio-level decision making
By centralizing all workplace data, they are now able to make intelligent, strategic decisions--resulting in a 2% increase in the efficiency of their RE portfolio.
Faster decision-making and approvals
Their design to approval timeline is now 35% faster--what used to take 6 weeks now only takes 4.
How they did it
Fragmented tools made it difficult to connect workplace, occupancy, and utilization data to the digital twins of architectural spaces.
After years of acquisitions and a lack of workplace oversight, this client lacked space standards, processes, and a comprehensive understanding of their commercial real estate portfolio. To address this, they hired an expensive consulting firm--but even these consultants relied on overly manual processes for data collection and report production. Reports were expensive to maintain and often became stale by the time they were finally generated.
This customer ultimately chose the Saltmine platform because it allows them to track, analyze, and cross reference all workplace data in one centralized place. Saltmine makes their data actionable and provides meaning behind it which helps them develop a modern, human-centric workplace strategy.
How they use Saltmine
By leveraging three of Saltmine’s core modules, this client is able to have a complete grasp of their real estate portfolio:
- Saltmine’s Strategy Module allows the client to benchmark their spaces against other companies in their industry--helping them to develop new workplace standards for a hybrid workplace strategy.
- Saltmine’s Occupancy Planning Module enhances the client’s understanding of capacity/spatial supply and demand--allowing them to gather insights on how much space specific teams need.
- Saltmine’s Data Insights enables the client to visualize utilization and employee sentiment data from several different sources--providing actionable next steps to make intelligent and data-driven space planning decisions.
This company can now better understand, plan, and execute current and future projects. More importantly, it allows them to fully understand how their physical spaces can remain human-centric as headcount grows.