FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPANY CASE STUDY
FORTUNE 500 FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPANY CUTS TIMELINES AND EVOLVES WORKPLACE STANDARDS
- Enterprise financial services company
- Headcount: 70,000 employees
- Portfolio size: 8 million square feet
This industry-leading financial services company provides global investment and technology solutions.
reduction in pre-design phases
reduction in the design to approval process
reduction in stakeholder alignment meetings
Centralized data and insights
Digitized all eight million square feet of office for current and future capital projects.
Saltmine digital twins are accessible to all team members. Portfolio wide data provides insights into their workplace that previously didn’t exist.
Living workplace standards
Workplace standards are no longer a static document in constant need of revision.
They are now a living and evolving methodology used to inform all upcoming projects and workplace decisions.
How they did it
During the pandemic, this company continued to grow at a rapid rate--creating a highly diverse and talented workforce but an increasingly distributed one, as well.
As the world began to open back up, they wanted to attract this distributed workforce back into the office.
In order to bring people back, this company was going to need to adapt the real estate to the way their employees were now going to interact with the office. This would require the reimagination of 8 million square feet of office space
To capture a real estate (RE) portfolio of this magnitude, they saw they need to digitize their entire portfolio.
Ultimately, they chose Saltmine because they could leverage a single platform to study potential designs modifications and test various scenarios of what a true post-pandemic office might look like.
How they use Saltmine
This customer uses Saltmine to:
- Standardize and centralize all seat names for desk-level wayfinding.
- Streamline executive-level decision making and enhance stakeholder engagement by way of Saltmine’s powerful 3D visualizations.
- Develop new design standards and guidelines to study and test fit new re-entry layouts.
- Input BOMA standards in the platform to ensure all spaces are BOMA compliant.
- Automate the manual process of polylining with Saltmine’s Auto Polylining feature.
- Leverage Saltmine’s Activity Panel to better communicate and coordinate between team members--allowing for quicker and more efficient project management.